As per studies
“Cooking Programs may positively influence
Children’s food-related preferences,
attitudes, and behavior”.
New Age Problem…
As per Comprehensive National Nutrition Survey (CNNS) 2016–18, school children are seen to be overweight and also suffering from nutritional deficiencies like anemia and diet-related non-communicable diseases(NCDs). Key findings as per survey:
- Childhood obesity is an epidemic in India.
- 14.4 million obese children in India, 2nd highest in the world.
- 35-40% of children in elite private schools are overweight and obese.
- 5% of overweight Indian children, show early signs of diabetes, high cholesterol and other non-communicable diseases.
- 30-69% of the population in India is anemic National Family Health Survey 4 (NFHS 4), 2015-16.
STUDIES HAVE SHOWN
CHILDREN WHO COOK TEND TO MAKE
10 Reasons Every Child Should Learn To Cook
- KNOWLEDGE OF FOOD
- TEND TO MAKE HEALTHIER CHOICES
- CUTS DOWN ON PICKY EATING
- INCREASES PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
- COOKING IS AN IMPORTANT LIFE SKILL
- FOOD AND EQUIPMENT HANDLING
- PUTS BASIC MATHS, SCIENCE SKILLS TO PRACTICE
- BUILD RELATIONSHIPS
- SENSE OF RESPONSIBILITY AND BOOSTS SELF-CONFIDENCE
- IMPROVES CREATIVITY
HappleyFit Online Child Cooking Program
- Designed taking into account Children age group and nutrition requirements.
- Quick, easy, healthy and unique recipes using basic ingredients.
- Recipes curated by Senior Nutritionist.
- Healthy version of your Child's favorite food.
- Group formed considering Child's age.
- Personal consultation call with each Parent.
Child Program Modules
Kunal, 12 year, Picky Eater, he has shown willingness to try new food 🙂
Suhana, 11 year, Junk Food lover, she has started liking Healthy food :-). She even learned to operate Hand mixer.
Simran, 14 year, got to know about her Interest in Cooking 🙂 She even learned about nutrition properties of ingredients.
KNOW YOUR CHILD’S GROWTH RATE AND RDA
GET A FREE CONSULTATION FOR YOUR CHILD
5 Tips to Retain Nutrients while Cooking
Wash vegetables before cutting them, washing chopped vegetables looses it's nutritional value.
Prefer cooking in closed vessels to retain maximum nutrients.
Add Iodized Salt at the end of cooking to avoid loss of Iodine while cooking.
Avoid soaking cut vegetables in water as it will leach out all essential nutrients in the Water.
Use iron pan for roti/dosa/cheela. And Steel utensils instead of Aluminium utensils.
5 common Mistakes while Cooking
Use of 1 type of oil for all cooking method.
Cooking on High Flame.
Cooking without Lid.
Use of non-stick Cookware.
GET EXCLUSIVE NUTRITION TIPS WE ONLY
SHARE WITH EMAIL SUBSCRIBERS
Get in Touch
We would love to hear from you, do drop us a message.