Covid-19: Impact on Employees
According to the Rebooting 2020: A Story of Covid-19 and Shifting Perceptions survey by The Mavericks India.
- 61% of Indians are facing mental health issues due to the lockdown.
- Staying healthy and fit is of greater concern. Nearly 63 percent of respondents expect to be proactively focusing on maintaining good health and boosting their immune system by introducing balanced food habits.
- Roughly, 79 percent of the respondents have shown concerns regarding the stability of the economy and the grim work situation, eventually adding to the mental stress.
- Online counseling with mental health experts on telemedicine platforms or apps that offer AI-based chatbot conversations to address similar issues are likely to grow aggressively in the near future.
How it can help your Organization
- Improve Productivity: Corporate wellness programs aiming to inculcate good habits in employees positively affect the overall health resulting in better productivity eventually.
- Health Risk Assessment: Assessment of future health risk and cost beforehand, can give a better picture to calculate and prepare for the future. Health risk can be assessed well in advance with the company wellness program and planned accordingly. This can also prepare us for future health emergencies like the current pandemic outbreak where individuals with co-morbidities are worst hit.
- Reduce Healthcare cost: A well designed wellness program, with the ability to make a change in food choices of employees to making them aware about health and wellness can reduce the healthcare cost considerably.
- Decrease In Employee Absenteeism: A better health profile, with a healthier physical and mental state can decrease the chances of employees falling sick considerably which has a direct impact on employee absenteeism.
- Team Building: Wellness programs conducted in groups can increase bonding between team members. It can also positively affect the team spirit and thereby making the work culture better in the company.
- Employee Retention and Recruitment: An organization with a wellness program in place attracts new employees as apart from monetary benefits, employees also look for other perks and benefits like overall well-being.
- A group based program designed by experts, a group formed considering individuals age, gender, interests, fitness level and goals.
- A program which includes online Nutritionist consultation, along activities ranging from Yoga, Dance, Meditation etc.
- Designed to create a healthy environment not just at organization level but also for employees' families.
- Address various health and lifestyle issues which will help to boost immunity, improve energy levels, reduce stress and improve overall Health and Fitness levels.
- Constant motivation and awareness through webinars conducted by experts, blogs and daily tips.
A Support Group is a group of People with common experiences or concerns who provide…
India is increasingly facing the burden of metabolic and lifestyle disorders like obesity, diabetes, cardiac…
Covid-19 or the coronavirus pandemic has changed the way of life and the regularities completely…