A Support Group is a group of People with common experiences or concerns who provide each other with Encouragement, Comfort, and Advice. The concept of a support group has proven to be quite beneficial in keeping individuals aligned to their goal and showed better results. Considering the current scenario of pandemic outbreak it becomes all the more beneficial to be motivated and achieve health goals.
10 benefits of joining a support group to achieve your Health & Fitness goals:
- Realizing you are not alone: When grouped with people with similar concerns and health struggles, a person understands that he is not the only one facing a particular problem, there are others who face similar problems and this develops a confidence in the individual.
- Motivation: Like minded people in the group can positively help to boost the morale and keep each other motivated to achieve the goals.
- Being expressive: Once in acquaintance with like minded people, one can share their struggles, insecurities and also success stories with each other which can prove to be very therapeutic at times.
- Quality of life: Group activities help to reduce stress as self love and positive relationship building can flourish.
- Accountability: When someone’s banking on you, you will less likely make excuses. Hence planning a fitness session with a group helps to continue the effort.
- Journey becomes more fun: A key element in forming a lifestyle habit is fun. It’s always more enjoyable to share an experience with someone. It also allows you to try out other activities.
- Healthy competition: Groups can conduct healthy competitions amongst themselves which can boost confidence and sportsmanship in members.
- Social well-being: social interaction is often listed as an important factor for many people when choosing fitness regimes. Training with a partner gives you that social contact that is often non-existent when going solo.
- Shared goals: if two of you are working towards a common goal, it helps to build more resolve and resilience. It’s a fantastic feeling to achieve a goal, and it can be even better when you achieve it with someone else.
- You are more likely to try new things: ever wanted to try Dance or a boxing class but felt intimidated going there alone? With a partner your excuses are now removed. It opens up all sorts of possibilities to new forms of exercise.
The best of the support groups can be achieved only when certain important guidelines are followed while forming the groups:
- Group people in the similar age group.
- Consider similar health goals.
- All the members must be in the same level of fitness so that no one feels inferior or superior.
- Maintain confidentiality within the group.
- Avoid negative criticism and create a non-judgmental group.
If the groups are formed taking these guidelines into account, a support group program can prove to be highly beneficial to increase the success rate of health and fitness journey.
HappleyFit Online Support Group Program
Holistic approach to well-being is not just a state of a person’s physical health but also related immensely to mental well being. We at HappleyFit conduct a group-based holistic wellness programs which have added benefits as compared to regular programs, which includes Yoga, Dance, Meditation, Exercise, Nutrition & much more… Contact on +91 98508 49998 or Click here to Enroll