Human body is made up of various complex processes. Every organ has its own functions to perform. There are a number of glands in the body which secrete various chemical substances called hormones which regulate different vital processes in the body ranging from metabolism, sugar synthesis, reproductive health and so on.
We often hear about hormonal imbalances or fluctuations related to metabolism or menstrual cycles in women. As per epidemiological survey, 8.9% of urban India Women is facing PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) owing to poor lifestyle habits, increased consumption of high fat, high sodium, high sugar and lack of physical activities.
Though a Healthy Lifestyle is of utmost importance, we will talk about 2 magical tiny seeds which have immense benefits on female hormones:
- Rich in antioxidant: Reduction of oxidative stress on the body can help the organs function much efficiently.
- High Phytoestrogen content: Phytoestrogen are plant based compounds which mimic the action of estrogen in the body, thus affecting the hormonal cycle positively.
- Rich in Omega-3 fatty acids: The anti-inflammatory properties of Omega-3 fatty acids are far reaching. They help to maintain the hormonal fluctuations.
- Rich in fibre: Fibre rich diet helps to burn stored fat, normalizing the hormonal fluctuations.
How to include Pumpkin Seeds in your daily diet
- In salads
- In cereal bowls
- In smoothies or shakes
- In homemade chikkis or laddoos
- As mouth freshener
How much to have
Garden Cress seeds(Aliv or Halim):
- Rich in Iron content: Iron deficiency anemia can disrupt the menstrual cycle and make it painful and concerning. Garden cress seeds being very rich in iron proves beneficial to overcome anemia and support easy periods.
- High Phytoestrogen content: Another high phytoestrogen containing seed, it can mimic the estrogen in the female body and help to regularize the period cycle.
- Diuretic: They are diuretic, meaning they can help to reduce unnecessary water retention and bloating and thus help to keep the hormones balanced.
How to include Aliv Seeds in your daily diet
- In laddoos
- In kheer
- In chutney
- As a simple drink
How much to have
Regular consumption of these seeds along with a healthy lifestyle can help to keep the hormones in place. Females already gifted with stable hormonal balance can also include them in moderation in the regular diet.
Note: Make sure to have unsalted seeds always.